Monday, December 15, 2014

Benchmark Review: Elizabeth

Elizabeth is another one of "The Girls" a group of Crossfit's benchmark workouts know to be very challenging.  I am personally a huge fan of this workout because I kicked butt at it and you get to throw around some pretty heavy weight and you get a little rest by switching from a pulling to pushing movement. 

When I asked a trainer from Crossfit Smithtown about this workout they shuttered "Elizabeth is one of those workouts that exposes weaknesses because it's only two movements and if you can't do either very well you're screwed" they told me.

I asked a trainer from a Crossfit gym in New Jersey and they said "It's not necessarily a highly skilled workout but it is high on the strength scale.  The Ring dips get a lot of people if you don't have a strong upper body and the cleans are taxing.  Since it's for time it's what we call a burner, it's quick but you have to keep moving and you'll feel it after" That's what Greg told me and boy was he right.



Elizabeth

  • Clean 135 lbs
  • Ring Dips
21-15-9 reps, for time




I went into this workout feeling good because I love ring dips.  I've been training my arms for years bodybuildiong and doing strength workouts so they are a strong pushing muscle.  I also got a lot better at cleans so I was ready to go.







I murdered this workout. I finished less than a minute under my coach who is 4 year Crossfiter who competes in RX events and is in the top 10% of Crossfitters in the Northeast.  "That was very impressive.  This workout plays to your strengths and you pushed yourself I can tell.  Your upperbody strength and form on the ring dips has you way ahead of the curve...but now it's time to work on your weaknesses" A praising statement from Coach Anthony Escandon with a motivating jab at the end

Final Thought- I felt so good after this workout I trained a lit bit more and thought. Wow I finished in under 5 minutes,I only worked out 5 minutes and I did well, I'm not even going to feel this tomorrow.  I felt kind of guilty like I didn't workout. Ha boy did I feel it the next day...Viva la Crossfit!!

Overall I give this workout an 8
Skill- 6
Strength-8
Endurance-6
Fitness Rating 7.5

No comments:

Post a Comment